Welcome

Come on in. Take a seat, make yourself comfortable and get to know me a little bit better.



Sunday 19 August 2012

Arya Grey – The Masquerade


Hello again, and thanks for stopping by.  Today I am joined by one of my writer buddies, Arya Grey, Author of The Masquerade featured as the first story in the Anthology With Love From Val and Tyne.

J.P. – Hi Arya, It’s so good to catch up.  How are you?

A.G. – Hiya! I'm doing just fine, thank you J Busy, busy, busy!

J.P. – That’s great to hear. What have you been up to?

A.G. – Well, I've been hard at work on a few different stories. I've just had a Halloween short accepted as part of an Anthology with Evernight Press. You might recognise some of the authors involved ;) "The Eclipse of the Blood Moon" will be out soon.

There is also the wonderful news of Val & Tyne! As a Birthday free-read for Breathless Press' Birthday it's a fantastic way to bring readers in. The Nuthouse Scribblers are a tight knit group so I think everyone will enjoy our combined effort. Or at least, we hope so!

I am notoriously bad at blogging, but you can find me here: www.aryagrey.blogspot.com and find updates on new work over at Twitter (@AryaGrey) and Facebook.

J.P. – Wow, you have been busy!  I’m looking forward to reading The Eclipse of the Blood Moon. So I will certainly keep checking your Facebook and twitter account for more details.  Now, About The Masquerade. A fictional story about having your wildest fantasies come true.  How much fun was that to write?

A.G. – Too much fun! Val & Tyne started as an experiment for our readers over at The Nuthouse Scribblers, a way to introduce ourselves and give back on that special holiday. The Masquerade literally wrote itself (as clichéd as that sounds). The words flew across the page. I almost didn't believe I had written it after reading back to myself.

J.P. – Do I dare ask where the inspiration came from?

A.G. – Dare…dare! J

I knew my masked strangers had to be tall, dark and daring. This was about the ultimate fantasy, after all! So, of course, only two of the best inspirations came to mind. And well, the rest came naturally.

J.P. – Do you have a favourite bit?

A.G. – When Lola arrives at the manor and the blond stranger is waiting for her. The solid black mask and his cool demeanour; sexy and completely mysterious, yet you can sense his personality underneath. Only to be swept in by the opposite but equally lustful, dark, warm, predatory stranger.

J.P. – Tough decision! But I know what happens. lol 

If that has got you curious, then you can read Lola’s story for Free.  Yep, it’s still free to download @


Arya, it's been great to catch up with you again.  Please come back and join us again soon.

A.G. - Thanks for having me, JP! Congrats on your first publication. We are so glad to have you.
J.P. - *Reaches for a tissue to wipe her leaking eye.* Thank you so much for making me feel so welcome and loved. :-) Well That’s all we have time for this week.  Join me again next Sunday, unless of course I’m blessed with the birth of my little miracle, where I will be joined by Doris O’Connor to discuss her story in the anthology, A Ball to Remember.

Until next time, take care.

J.P. Stevens.

xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment