Welcome

Come on in. Take a seat, make yourself comfortable and get to know me a little bit better.



Sunday 5 August 2012

My first Publication


As a now published Author, you would think I have a way with words and can easily describe how I feel right now… Nope! Cloud nine doesn’t even come close!

To be honest I never really believed this day would ever come.  I love writing and as a writer I also love reading and a book has to grab me.  If it doesn’t, well you don’t waste your time do you?  You just delete the file from your kindle and move on to the next.  Or you read the blurb on the back of a book, if it fails to entice you, you put it back on the shelf. Reading a book is such a personal thing that the fear of rejection can be a little overwhelming as a writer.

Those of you who have been reading my blog will have seen my latest inspiration ‘On Writing’ by Steven King.  It was within this fantastic book that the courage to write really took hold of me.  I learnt that I cannot write for everyone, only myself.  People may not like what you write.  Hell, there are things that I have written, that my characters insist on, that I am not too pleased with.  I don’t have a say.  The more I try to control where they story goes, the less the characters talk.  The less they talk… Well the manuscript ends.

So taking in the advice I wrote down what the characters in my head were telling me to and here we are.  My first publication J

Of course I cannot take all the credit.  The book is an anthology with a list of other fantastic authors.  Each story brings its own tale about Valentines and the magic that can be found with love. Take a look at the cover:



It is silly that I don’t seem to tire of seeing my name written on the front cover, but hey I can get like that at times. J


I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I did writing it.

Take care until next time

J.P. Stevens

xXx

2 comments:

  1. Well done and I hope you have lots of sales and future success. I too became a published author via two anthologies - both for charity - and it has given me so much confidence to carry on. I write crime stories and humour character-driven stories and am writing two novels at the moment. I do know that this boost will inspire you as it did me, to go onwards and ever upwards. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jane
    Thank you so much for your comment. It really has inspired me to write more, as has hearing about your success story.
    I wish you all the best for the future too.

    ReplyDelete