Welcome

Come on in. Take a seat, make yourself comfortable and get to know me a little bit better.



Sunday 20 September 2015

Sexy Snippets - Behind The Makeup


Hello again and welcome back to #SexySnippets  Sorry about last week. It was the first week back at school and I kind of got lots playing with them, not to mention trying to get homework done after seven weeks summer holidays. Not fun! Anyway... For those of you who are new to #SexySnippets, this is where I pick seven sentences from either a published piece of work, or something I have been working on. No more, no less.

So this week I have decided to showcase my seven from my latest release, Behind The Makeup. This story came about from watching a makeup ad on TV for MaxFactor. I couldn't get the story written fast enough. It is about a singer who has worked very hard to get where she is today, having made some very tough choices along the way. As with life, the past always catches up with you and when it does, Beth finds herself turning to her bodyguard, Gareth. Together they discover that her past is very much her present.



Without further ado, my seven sentences:



“So what, that’s it?”

She wasn’t sure, but she thought she could sense hurt in his question.

“Look at me, Beth,” he said as he moved his hand from her shoulder and lifted her chin with his fingers. She closed her eyes so he couldn’t see her pain. A traitorous tear slipped down her cheek, giving her emotions away. “After everything we’ve been through, is that really it?”
Gareth’s grip on her shoulder tightened.

I hope you enjoyed my seven sentences. Should you wish to purchase a copy, you can directly from Siren BookStrand or Amazon  Don't forget to click Here to find all the other authors taking part in todays #SexySnippets.


If you like what you read, why not find out more about me on:


Twitter @jpstevens79



Until next time, take care.

Jessica xXx

1 comment:

  1. Oh, this pulls at the heart strings for sure. Fab snippet, Jessica :-)

    ReplyDelete