Welcome

Come on in. Take a seat, make yourself comfortable and get to know me a little bit better.



Tuesday 24 September 2013

Tantalizing Tuesday - Sun Set


Hello, how are you? Thanks for stopping by again.



It is Tantalizing Tuesday, and as always I have a new pic and 200 words.  This is the pic I have chosen for you this week:

 
 

This picture was taken from the following website:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=silhouette&bav=on.2,or.r_cp.r_qf.&bvm=bv.52434380,d.d2k,pv.xjs.s.en_US.RJfod4swqLE.O&biw=1024&bih=674&dpr=1&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=949AUqvRFtGLhQeZg4CwCw#hl=en&q=couples&tbm=isch&um=1&facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=7NVkFdkwYRUx5M%3A%3BL4mX5nfhJcPrTM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Funiquenaturewallpapers.com%252Fwp-content%252Fuploads%252F2013%252F01%252Fromantic-couple-sunset-Wallpaper-HD.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Funiquenaturewallpapers.com%252Fromantic-couple-sunset-wallpaper-hd%252F%3B1920%3B1080


So here is my 202 words:


The sea was calm and the air tranquil as the setting sun burnt its last rays onto the side of my body. We sat on top of the water edge with the gentile lul of the sea lapping seductively against the side of the rocks. We talked about everything. The weather, his work, my work and he listened to every word I said, taking it all in as if I was the most important person in the world. He made me laugh so much my sides hurt. When he talked I found myself being pulled in and hanging off every word he said.

‘Is this what a true connection felt like?’

A Seagull few into the sun’s light as we were momentarily plunged into darkness. ‘Was it that late already?’

“I know, we’ve only just met, but I’ve had the best night tonight.”

His honest words cut deep, mirrored by my own feelings. I didn’t want to say good bye.

“Can I see you again?”

Why I felt like a school girl is beyond me, but his simple request made me smile so much my cheeks felt the strain.  I sat up and moved closer to him.

“I’d like that a lot”
 
Hope you liked this weeks tantaliser.  I'll be back next week with another, but in the mean time, why don't you check out all the other authors participating.

http://tantalizingtuesday.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/tantalizing-tuesday-teasers-september.html?zx=73b3f864f14a379a

Until next week, take care.
 
J.P. Stevens
xXx

22 comments:

  1. Lovely. The twilight hours, rhythmic surf, beating hearts, hot pulses and new beginnings.....I see the potential to go anywhere you want with this chance encounter. Loved it:) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. "A seagull few into the sun's..." It should be flew, a minor typo. This has the beginning of a much more detailed story. It would be nice to read the dialogue of the conversations they shared and how he made her laugh. Beautiful setting and theme.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I have a little something mulling over, but I was limited to 200 words. :-( Thanks for the correction and for stopping by Pablo. xx

      Delete
  3. Aww, such a lovely beginning for them :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Until she finds out he is a serial womaniser.... :-) You heard it heard first. Thanks for stopping by Doris. xx

      Delete
  4. very sweet, you've got to love the range of teasers we do, from sweet to hot and creepy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'm a sucker for romance ;-) I completely agree, the diversity is ace! xx

      Delete
  5. Very beautiful and romantic, and maybe the start of something bigger

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful! And this line:


    A Seagull few into the sun’s light as we were momentarily plunged into darkness.


    What an incredible way to indicate the hour!

    Well done! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-))))) thank you Molly, really appreciate the comment. xx

      Delete
  7. So romantic and well written! I could have read on! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Thank you Leann, that's so encouraging. xx

      Delete
  8. Sweet, delicate, romantic, and just perfect. Something many wish to have and dream of experiencing. Great teaser!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-)))) you are so kind, thank you very much. xx

      Delete
  9. JP, I must be the opposite of you. I am delighted to read your piece! It's very romantic and sensual. Plus, I could easily get lost into your work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW, Thank you so much Ray. I am sincerely flattered. xx

      Delete
  10. Ah, may we all get to cherish the memory of an encounter like that. Something so perfect comes rarely - though once in a lifetime can be enough. Thanks, J.P.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and commenting Jake. xx

      Delete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete